08/09/2023 Alternative Treatments
Dr. Anoop Jhurani is well known for performing knee and hip replacement surgeries in Jaipur, Rajasthan. He has completed over 12,000 successful surgeries to improve alignment and balancing.
Robotic knee replacement surgery involves the following key steps:
• Preoperative Planning: Before the surgery, detailed images of your knee joint are taken using advanced imaging techniques. These images are then used to create a 3D model of your knee, allowing the surgeon to plan the procedure with precision.
• Robot-Assisted Procedure: During the surgery, the surgeon uses a robotic system to assist in the precise execution of the procedure. The robot provides real-time data and feedback, helping the surgeon make accurate cuts, position the implant correctly, and achieve optimal alignment.
• Customization: One of the advantages of robotic surgery is its ability to customize the procedure for each patient. The robot adapts to your unique anatomy, ensuring a personalized and precise surgery.
• Minimally Invasive: Robotic surgery is often less invasive than traditional methods, resulting in smaller incisions, reduced tissue damage, and potentially faster recovery times.
• Enhanced Recovery: The precision of robotic surgery can lead to a smoother recovery process with less postoperative pain and a quicker return to normal activities.
Choosing the Best Type of Knee Replacement
The best type of knee replacement for you depends on various factors, including the extent of your knee damage, your age, activity level, and overall health. The three main types of knee replacement are:
• Total Knee Replacement (TKR): This is the most common type, involving the replacement of the entire knee joint. It's suitable for individuals with widespread joint damage.
• Partial Knee Replacement (PKR): PKR replaces only the damaged part of the knee, preserving healthy tissue. It's ideal for patients with limited joint damage, often resulting in a more natural feel and quicker recovery.
• Robotic-Assisted Knee Replacement: As mentioned earlier, robotic surgery can be used in both total and partial knee replacements. It offers enhanced precision and customization, potentially leading to better outcomes.
Robotic knee replacement surgery is a remarkable advancement in orthopedics, offering precision and customization that can lead to better outcomes and a smoother recovery. The best type of knee replacement for you depends on your individual circumstances. To make an informed decision, consult with a skilled orthopedic surgeon like Dr. Anoop Jhurani, who can assess your condition and recommend the most appropriate approach to help you regain your mobility and quality of life.