07/03/2018 Auto Parts & Accessories
In transmission, the transmission components transfers the power and energy from the engine to the wheels mainly through the gear and shaft. It helps to maintain the speed of the vehicle without disturbing its performance. The transmission is connected to the crankshaft of the engine. The resultant energy of the transmission is transferred to the differentials through the driveshaft, which in turn operates the wheels. The transmission components are clutch, the gear box, propeller shaft, universal joints, rear axle, wheel and tyre.
Variants of transmission and its components:
The two main types of transmission are manual transmission and automatic transmission. In manual transmission, the gear is movable thus making the driver to alter and select the desired gear ratio while driving the automobile. In automatic transmission, the gear changes automatically without the physical involvement of the automobile driver. The major components of automatic transmission are planetary gear sets, the hydraulic system, seals and gaskets, the torque converter, the governor and the modulator while the manual transmission include gear selector fork, lay shaft, collar.
Necessary guidelines of transmission components:
· They have to smoothly connect and disconnect the engine to the rest of the powertrain.
· They have to permit speed reduction between engine and the drive wheels in the ratio of 5:1.
· The power flow from engine to wheel should happen at right angles.
· The driving wheels should be able to operate at different speeds.
· They should be able to alter the power between the engine and the drive wheels.
· Power should be transferred in reverse direction.
· Enable power transmission Component at varied angles and varied lengths.
· They should be able to endure the driving force, braking effort and rotatory action efficiently.
The first thing about which you should be aware of is the transmission. This is an essential part of every vehicle as it connects to the back of the e...
Titanium valve springs are very useful transmission components. These are very suitable to reduce the engine height where the space-constrained experi...
Great thanks go to the mixture of affordability and quality, as India has emerged from local suppliers to the global player in the whole industry of a...
If you think that you need to repair and maintain your machine and automobiles in a way which can look good and it works fast as well as entirely new,...