10/01/2019 Food Items
Nothing compares to an aromatic plate of fluffy rice served with a hearty stew. We will show you how to cook the perfect fluffy rice using Kohinoor basmati rice.
You can also choose organic brown rice to make a healthier version. Brown rice is high in fiber and essential minerals.
• Rinse rice with plain water, until the water becomes clear.
• Soak the rinsed rice in water for 30 minutes.
• Boil filtered water in a pot with lid. Keep the rice to water ratio 1:2. You may add natural flavoring like cardamom, bay leaf, ginger, etc. to the water.
• Add the soaked rice to the boiling water and let it simmer in low/medium heat. You can also make it in a rice cooker.
• Close the lid of the pot to allow the steam to cook long-grains, fluffy rice.
• Turn down the heat and let it cook for 15 minutes.
• Remove from heat, after 15 minutes and allow it to steam for another 5 minutes.
• Remove the lid, give the pot a gentle shake and fluff up the rice with a fork.
Serve the cooked rice with your favorite curries, and stews. You can also keep it simple and serve it with a lentil daal.