27/12/2012 Hospitals, Clinics
Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) is a severe recessive X-linked form of muscular dystrophy characterized by rapid progression of muscle degeneration, eventually leading to loss of ambulation and death. This affliction affects one in 3500 males, making it the most prevalent of muscular dystrophies. In general, only males are afflicted, though females can be carriers.. This type of muscular dystrophy is most common and most severe. This type affects the pelvic girdle and then moves to the shoulder girdle.
EIGHT STAGES OF DUCHENNE MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY:
1. Ambulates with mild waddling gait and lordosis. Climbs stairs and curbs without assistance.
2. Ambulates with moderate waddling gait and lordosis. Needs support to climb stairs and curbs.
3. Ambulates with moderately severe waddling gait and lordosis. Cannot climb stairs or curbs.
4. Ambulates with severe waddling gait and lordosis. Unable to rise from a standard height chair.
5. Wheelchair independence. Sits erect and can roll chair and perform all activities of daily living (ADL) and wheelchair activities without assistance.
6. Wheelchair with dependence. Needs assistance when performing ADL and wheelchair activities.
7. Wheelchair with dependence. Sits erect only with support. Able to do minimal ADL.
8. Bed patient. Needs maximum assistance for ADL.
There is no known cure for Duchenne muscular dystrophy, although homoeopathic medicine is showing promising vectors that may replace damaged muscle tissue. Treatment is generally aimed at controlling the onset of symptoms to maximize the quality of life, prevent further detoriation leading to gradual improvement in health status of patients.
we have more than 3000 patients of all types of muscular dystrophy from all over the world. we have documented up to 80% improvement in our patients.
for details contact :-
dr. ramesh bhardwaj
homoeopathic world, Noida,India
contact no:- 0-9811127065
email :- email@example.com