15/06/2012 Musical Instruments
The MOTU 2408mk3 contains everything you need to turn your computer into a powerful 24-bit/96kHz digital audio workstation. The MOTU 2408mk3 provides 8 channels of pristine 96kHz analog recording and playback, combined with 24 channels of ADAT and Tascam digital I/O - the most ever offered in a single rack space audio interface. Connect up to 4 interfaces to the included PCI-424 card for an expanded system capable of 96 simultaneous active input and output connections at 96kHz.
Features:- 8 analog inputs/outputs with 24-bit, 96kHz converters on balanced/unbalanced 1/4-inch TRS jacks
- 3 banks of ADAT optical provide 24 channels of ADAT optical input/output at
44.1/48kHz - 12 channels at 88.2/96kHz
- Three banks of Tascam TDIF provide 24 channels of TDIF (Tascam digital) input/output - 12 channels at 88.2/96kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF in/out (with an extra stereo out)
- Provides stand-alone format conversion - transfer any format to any other, up to 24 channels at a time
PCI-424 Features:- Expandable to 96 active inputs/outputs at sample rates up to 96kHz
- Drivers for Mac & PC - 24 simultaneous inputs/outputs for all popular Macintosh and Windows audio software (ASIO/WDM/GSIF/MAS/Sound Manager)
- 100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in today's popular audio programs
- CueMix DSP - this on-board mixing and monitoring matrix allows you to mix up to 96 channels of 96kHz audio with the same near-zero latency as today's latest digital mixers and no processor load
- Resolve your entire system directly to word clock or SMPTE time code with sub-frame accuracy. No separate SMPTE synchronizer required
- Includes AudioDesk full-featured, sample-accurate workstation software for MacOS 9 with recording, editing, mixing, real-time 32-bit effects processing & sample-accurate sync
- Provides word clock and ADAT Sync - achieves sample-accurate digital transfers between digital tape decks and the computer
- 8 analog inputs/outputs with 24-bit, 96kHz converters on balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS connectors
- 108dB S/N ratio (A-weighted)
- 24 channels of ADAT optical input/output
- 24 channels of TDIF (Tascam digital) input/output
- 2 channels of S/PDIF in and 4 channels out
- 16, 20 and 24-bit recording at 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96kHz kHz
- ADAT sync input on PCI-424 card
- Word clock in and out
- Includes cross-platform PCI-424 card
The 2408mk3 is ideal for both the computer-based studio with no mixing board and more elaborate studios built around a digital mixer of any size.
For the computer-based studio, the included PCI-424 card features CueMix DSP, a flexible DSP-driven mixing and monitoring matrix that eliminates the need for an external mixer or patch-bay. Connect all of your studio gear, including synths, keyboards, and even effects processors. Then control it all from your desktop with no audible monitoring latency and no processor drain on your computer.
With 24 channels of digital I/O, the 2408 is ideal for connecting your computer to a digital mixer. Both ADAT lightpipe and Tascam TDIF digital connections are supported at any sample rate up to 96kHz.
And here's another 2408mk3 first: built-in video and SMPTE synchronization. Slave your entire workstation directly to video or SMPTE time code with sub-frame accuracy--without a dedicated synchronizer.
The 2408mk3 provides cross-platform compatibility with Macintosh, Windows 98SE/Me/2K/XP/Vista and all of your favorite audio software and host-based effects via WDM/ASIO/Sound Manager drivers. Or you can use the included AudioDesk workstation software for Macintosh, with 24-bit recording/editing and 32-bit mixing/processing/mastering.
The 2408mk3 upgrades the award-winning 2408 with many significant improvements including 96kHz support, SMPTE synchronization, support for four interfaces and a 96-channel DSP-driven monitor mixer.
The 1U rack-mountable 2408mk3 provides seven banks of I/O: 1 bank of 24-bit, 96kHz analog on balanced TRS connectors, 3 banks of 96kHz ADAT optical, 3 banks of 96kHz Tascam TDIF, plus stereo S/PDIF. You can choose any 3 banks (up to 24 channels) to be active at a time. This means you can hook up three ADATs, three DA-88s, and 8 analog devices all at the same time and access any 3 banks - in any combination of formats. And you can freely switch formats at any time.
In addition to the 8 dedicated analog outputs, the 2408mk3 also features a stereo output with front panel volume control so you can plug powered monitors directly into the 2408mk3.
The PCI-424 card included with 2408mk3 core systems is fully compatible with legacy MOTU interfaces originally designed for the PCI-324 card. Connect any MOTU PCI interface, including the 2408, 2408mkII, 1296, 1224, 24i, and 308. Mix and match new and legacy interfaces as you please.
The PCI-424 card features a powerful DSP chip dedicated to creating a custom tailored monitor mix of up to 96 channels of 96kHz audio. Because the mixing takes place on the card itself, instead of making the round trip from the PCI bus to the host processor, the 2408mk3 system provides the same near-zero latency performance as today's latest digital mixers. CueMix DSP completely eliminates the buffer latency associated with monitoring on host-based systems. Because the DSP is mixing for you, your computer's CPU is free for other tasks.
Cuemix DSP is the most flexible Cuemix ever, allowing you to mix multiple channels into multiple mix busses or directly assigned outputs. Manage your monitor mix with the intuitive Cuemix console software included with the 2408mk3.
Because the mixing takes place on the PCI-424 card, any MOTU Audiowire interface, including the original 2408, can take advantage of Cuemix's flexible monitoring.
A core 2408mk3 system provides 24 inputs and outputs, but it also offers the most expansion ever offered in a single PCI card. Up to four interfaces can be connected to the PCI-424 for up to 96 channels of simultaneous input and output at sample rates up to 96kHz.
Think about the possibilities: you could connect 12 ADATs and 12 DA-88s to your computer, along with 32 channels of analog I/O, and simultaneously record and play as many tracks of audio as your computer allows. If you have a digital mixer, the 2408mk3 provides up to 96 channels of digital I/O at 44.1 or 48kHz, and 48 channels at 88.2 or 96kHz.
The 2408mk3 also operates as a stand-alone audio format converter. You can convert audio from any one of its formats to any other, in banks of 8 channels. For example, if you connect three Alesis recorders and three Tascam recorders, you can digitally transfer 24 channels from one format to the other in one pass.
If you expand your 2408mk3 system to four 2408mk3 I/O rack units, you can simultaneously connect 96 channels of ADAT optical, 96 channels of Tascam TDIF, and then transfer 96 channels of material in a single pass!
The 2408mk3 makes the distinction between the two digital I/O formats more transparent than ever; you can freely work with either format.
Your digital mixer is an ideal companion for the 2408mk3 with its ability to integrate 24 channels of digital I/O with a single unit. For example, the Yamaha DM2000 provides an automated moving fader interface, additional real time digital audio effects, mic preamps and DSP power. Connect the DM2000 to your 2408mk3, and now you have 24 channels of pristine digital I/O between the mixer and your computer. If you need more channels, you can add additional 2408mk3 interfaces to support digital transfers as large as 96 channels at 48kHz or 48 channels at 96kHz. The 2408mk3 is the perfect bridge between your digital mixer and your computer audio workstation, and it supports both the ADAT optical lightpipe format and Tascam's TDIF format.
Shipping can be done anywhere in india.. slightly negotiable..