M.Phil in English is the course between M.A and PhD which provides candidates mixed experience of graduate study and research. Thus M.Phil courses provide knowledge about newly emerging research areas and problem fields. The students who pursue this M.Phil degree need to write their own developed thesis on one of the topics according to their interest. Subjects mostly studied under this degree are Poetry, Drama, Prose & Fiction, Literary Criticism, Linguistics, Comparative Literature, New Literature in English and many more.
The course of M Phil can be done from one of the recognized university or institute of the country that are mentioned at the end of this page.
Eligibility: The eligibility criterion for pursuing a master’s degree in English is holding a graduation degree in any stream.
Scope: Scope of job opportunities after completion of M.Phil degree in English is very high
• Candidates can get jobs with the newspaper firms.
• Companies who print out magazines also take students of English literature frequently.
• Content development companies also recruit English post graduates.
• Students have option to start their own tuition centers for the English language.
• One can work in college or universities at the position of lecturer.