12/11/2018 Food Items
Nothing can be more scrumptious than an aromatic plate of fluffy rice accompanied with your favorite curry or stew.
Consider these culinary tips to cook the perfect fluffy rice. Using the best quality Kohinoor basmati with its aroma and long-grains.
• Rinse the rice with plain water, until the water becomes clear.
• Soak the rinsed rice in water for 30 minutes.
• Boil filtered water in a pot with lid. Keep the rice to water ratio 1:2. You can add natural flavoring like cardamom, bay leaf, fennel, etc. to the water.
• Add the soaked rice to the boiling water and let it simmer in low/medium heat. You can also make it in a rice cooker.
• Close the lid of the pot to allow the steam to cook long-grains, fluffy rice.
• Turn down the heat and let it cook for 15 minutes.
• Remove from heat, after 15 minutes and allow it to steam for another 5 minutes.
• Remove the lid, give the pot a gentle shake and fluff up the rice with a fork.
Serve hot fluffy rice with your favorite curries, and stews. Just put a portion of basmati rice and pour over a ladle of pumpkin and chickpea curry. Drizzle over a squeeze of lemon juice and some chopped coriander leaves.