Suffering from Eczema in Singapore. Are you looking for Eczema Treatment in Singapore? Discover In-Depth Information on Eczema including Eczema Causes, Treatments and Eczema Symptoms Treatment.
MANAGEMENT OF ECZEMA
- Over-the-counter (OTC) medications are available without a prescription because they contain the lowest potency of active ingredients. They are not designed to treat the causes of a disease, but to give some relief of symptoms.
- Consult a doctor if the eczema or rash last longer than a week or is a recurring problem. If you have associated asthma, allergic rhinitis or conjunctivitis, this should also be examined as you may be allergic to the same underlying allergen. Allergy tests may help identify the incriminating allergen.
- In acute flare ups, steroids creams or tablets may be required for control. Occasionally, often there is superimposed bacterial or fungal infection, these will also need to be treated. Antihistamine at higher doses can help reduce the itching. Non sedating antihistamine is preferred in the day time.
- Topical Immunomodulators are non-steroids that can reduce the skin inflammation
- Moisterisaton of the skin is essential in maintaining a healthy skin. Creams that has a high potency ceramide ingredient can hep to retain moisture and encourage skin repair. This will need to be applied when when the skin appears normal. For a atopic individual, there is often a subclinical reaction that needs to be treated.
- Use a soap replacement as soaps tend to be harsh on the skin.
- Use sun blocks when exposed to the sun.
Consult Dr. YT Pang for assessment and treatment.